Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lists....

....I don't like them! I don't like making them, especially for the grocery store. When I go to the grocery store, I like to just roam the isles and buy what catches my eye. Yes, yes, I know! That is NOT the best way to shop! I know that a list helps you make sure you get all you need and not the stuff you don't need, but I feel so boxed in by a list!

If you haven't figured it out yet, I DO NOT get a happy, happy, joy, joy feeling when I mark something on a list complete. I don't like them! But here's the funny thing that is happening to me right now...I've been noticing list in scripture! Almost every scripture that I'm writing has a "list" in it. I'm beginning to think that God is trying to teach me something about list and their importance in life. I do believe He's taking me to a new level in list making. With all of that said, let's look at the scripture that I wrote yesterday.

Colossians 3:12-17 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your heart to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. 

So here goes, the list of what we He wants us to put on....

Compassionate hearts
Kindness
Humility
Meekness
Patience
Bearing with one another
Forgiveness
Love
Thankfulness
Peace of God rule

That list leads to this list....

Let the word dwell in you
Teaching
Admonishing you

Which leads to....

Sing
Thankfulness of heart
Do everything in the name of Jesus

Now this is a list that I can work on! My challenge to you today is this, ask the Lord if you are putting these things on each and every day. Ask Him where you're leaving Him out of the process and ask Him to help you in all these areas.

Father, today we ask that You help us put on all these things. Help us to have compassion on those that need You. Help us to be kind to those we just don't like. Fill us with humility and help us give You our pride. Remind us that being meek is not the same was wimpy. Being weak is walking in Your strength. Help us be patient in the line, in traffic, with our spouses, with our children and as we're patient, we come to the realization that when we are patient it's much easier to bear with them and love them. If we have someone that we need to forgive, help us to be quick with our forgiveness as You were with us. We are so very thankful for You and Your peace that rules in us even when we don't feel like it. Holy Spirit, we study Your word, thank You that You teach and admonish us gently. We sing praises to You. There is no one like You! You are our all in all. Everything we need is in You. We are complete in You! In Jesus Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment